سه‌شنبه، آبان ۰۹، ۱۳۸۵

Looking Back

When I am old and lonely and lost inside my head
When heavy hand of silence surrounds decrepit bed,

 

Muse as mind meanders through a haze of foggy tears
And let me see the seasons to relive my younger years.

The spring of nature came to life,

The saffron fire of blossoms bright,


The bursting bud of earthly glimmer,

Aspiring flower of season's shimmer,


When sap of life within the vine

Was matched by youthful blood of mine.

The summer sun kissed golden sand

When we were lovers hand in hand,


The cooling ocean chilled our feet and sealed

Our hearts in rapturous heat.


Affection glowed in azure sky

But withered with a weary sigh.

Then autumn came and you were gone

And barren heart was swiftly born,


Though others came and I moved on,

A part of me remained forlorn.

Then winter winds throughout the years

Chilled the warmth of lover's tears


And now I sit mid broken dreams

And think of how things might have been.

Oasis from life's daily grind,

The memories merge within my mind


So promise me that one more time,

I'll find the love that once was mine.

هیچ نظری موجود نیست: